High school students often wonder if the time and money invested in the college application process — and a college education — is worth the expenditure of resources. The evidence overwhelmingly indicates that it is.
Just as there a strong relationship between high test scores and merit scholarship assistance, there is also a very strong relationship between earning a college degree, job security, career opportunities, and lifetime earning potential.
Advantages of Earning a Bachelor’s Degree
A college/university education typically:
- Helps you evaluate career opportunities
- Qualifies you for a professional career
- Pays for itself two to three times over during the course of a career
- Allows you to earn double the lifetime income, approximately $ 500,000 more than an individual without a bachelor’s degree
- Offers job protection during economic recessions
- Broadens your horizons
- Allows you to pursue passions and interests
- Helps you develop independent thinking skills and self-direction.